HI! I'm Becky Anderson. I am a natural light photographer. I find that natural light captures the emotion and personality of those I photograph best.
I do the majority of my photographs outdoors for two reasons. One, I love the element that nature, with its deep hues and filtered light, brings to the photo. Second, the natural light in the openness of the great outdoors brings an artistic element to photos that is gorgeous and unique.
WHEN:Saturday, May 4th from 10am to 1pm WHERE: My home, Thornton, CO
Please Note: This class will not be covering any information on starting a photography business, advanced photography skills or Photoshop techniques; but rather is focused on the every day photos you take, and the basic concepts of using your camera off of auto-mode. If you’re looking for education on taking your photography to the next level, this class is not for you.
* A small booklet to keep with you and refer back to when you go home.
* A child model during the last hour of class to practice the new concepts you’ve learned.
* A private facebook group to stay connected and help each other learn after the class is over.
* a DSLR camera (this is a digital camera that allows you to switch lenses). Here’s a general list of popular DSLR camera’s:
nice~Canon Digital Rebel T3, Canon Digital Rebel T2i, Nikon D3000, Nikon D5100 ($500-$650 with kit lens)
nicer~Canon Digital Rebel T3i, Canon 60D , Nikon D90 ($780-$980 body only)
* Kit Lens that comes with your camera. If you really want to step up your game, consider purchasing a 50mm 1.8 lens via Amazon for CANON or NIKON. This is not required, but I think you will really love how your pictures look when using it! Cost is just over $100 for this type of lens.
* You must bring your manual!
* Bring a pen/notebook in case I say something earth shattering and you want to write it down
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The cost the workshop is $80, due when you register (this is the only way to officially reserve your seat). I am limiting the class to 10 people, so that we have time for a little one-on-one instruction.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
* Learn how to get your camera off ‘auto mode’ by understand the exposure triangle (ISO, Shutter speed, Aperture).
* Learn how to utilize natural light and turn your flash off!
* Tips on getting natural and candid photograph’s of your children.
* Understanding composition and how it effects the feel of your picture.
* You will then put your new knowledge to use with a little photo shoot!
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
**Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org. Seats are reserved after payment is made…first come, first serve basis. Remember only 10 spots available!
fine print: The workshop fee of $80 is due at time of registration and is non refundable. However, you may sell your seat to someone else if you are unable to attend.
Crazy that November was busting out 70 degree days and here it is March and we have a fresh 6 inch layer of snow. I have come to learn that Colorado has quite a roller coaster ride through the seasons, one day 70 the next 30. I do have to say that I enjoyed it through the winter, made it much more bearable than the FREEZING Nebraska winters. But now that March has come and almost gone I am getting tired off all the teasing of Spring....just come already!!
Anyway, back in November I had the pleasure of photographing this family. Our daughters are good friends, so It was fun to get to know them more and have a fun laid back session.
Going through all my last years photos I have realized what an amazing year 2012 was. This past year I meet up with some other local photographers and participate in a Style Shoot. It was fun to be with a bunch of other women doing what we love and sharing ideas and tips. And the location and Models were beautiful! A huge thanks to the women who put it together, it was fantastic! Here is the first of 3 posts. Hopefully the next 2 won't take as long to get posted.
Venue | The Manor House
Dress | Dora Grace Bridal Shop
Flowers | Palmer Flowers
Decorations | Inspired Vintage Rentals
Cupcakes | Bliss Cupcakes
Hair+Makeup | Sarah Renee Hardin and Jenna Lynn
Models | Lyn Holly and Eric